Saturday 27 January 2018

Back at SVU!

So I originally wrote this a couple weeks ago (January 13, I believe), but didn’t post it because I was trying to figure out how to get blogger to recognize the pictures that are on my iPad. I never could figure it out, so I have no pictures for you, but Lizzie was asking for a blog post so I’m posting it anyway. 

I’m back in Virginia, and I love it. So much. Every morning I wake up and just thank God for how perfect life feels right now.

The travel here was a little chaotic. I accidentally put my forms for entering the US in my checked luggage, and realized it at about 12:15am as I was on the plane to Toronto. I scrambled to get the situation sorted out in the 45 minutes between when I landed in Toronto and had to be on the plane to New York City. I arrived at the gate just after the plane took off and was put on the next flight to NYC, leaving two hours later. That meant I missed my bus from NYC to Washington DC and Cass had to wait around an extra two hours for me, but I made it here!

I think my favorite part of the trip was all the blessings I saw along the way. There were so many things that went wrong, so many times I just stood their in line praying that the Lord would soften the heart of the man at customs so I could get through in time, or that He would delay the plane or open up a break in traffic. I didn’t get everything I asked for, but I had so many tender mercies. Like the delicious breakfast I was able to get in the airport when I missed my flight, how the people with the UGO shuttle I took to the bus depot were determined to get me there as fast as humanly possible, how I had rows and rows of plane all to myself on my last flight, and then the woman who let me text Cass when my phone died just as we arrived in DC. It was the trip I’ve been on where the most things went wrong, but it was also the most enjoyable.

Something amazing happened in my soul as we drove to Buena Vista and all of a sudden the air changed. It was a smell from the past, a smell of life, and it made my heart soar. The same thing happened when I walked into Main Hall. And any number of the buildings on campus.

AND MY HOUSE! I love it, love it, love it. It’s right at the base of the hill, as I sit on the couch typing this I look out the window and see Main Hall just above me. It is so lovely and vintage, and I wish I could post pictures but my iPad isn’t letting me. I’ll have to figure that out eventually. For now, however, you can know that I am alive and that I love it here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment