Wednesday 6 April 2016

LAST DAY IN THE MTC!!!

The Sisters in my District
The MTC keyboards are awful. In light of that fact, please forgive the brevity of this post and the probable profusion of typos.



The View from our Classroom Window



I'M ALMOST OUT! I leave tomorrow morning at 2:30am. Yeah. I think that might kill me. But I am really excited to leave. At this moment. I'll probably start freaking out again in a few hours, but right now I just want to go out and serve. I didn't come on a mission for the MTC. I have learned a lot of wonderful things, but there are a lot of things I can't learn here. It's a lot like the premortal life, in my opinion. 



Agh, I don't know what to say. The MTC is hard. I think the hardest thing about it is just facing all my imperfections. I love perfection. And I guess I knew I wasn't perfect before I came here, but I was comfortable with where I was at. I'm not anymore. I could go through my whole mission just as I am right now, and I think I could be a good missionary, but the Lord expects more from me. He expects my best. And I think I've managed to float through life on something less than that.  I need to up my game now that I'm going out on the front lines.

 Sister Kent and our wonderful TRC investigator, Hsin Pei


Sorry. I don't think I'm making a lot of sense. It's sort of hard to concentrate in a laundry room. 


Doing laundry with Sis. Toomey

The family came down for General Conference, which was wonderful. I loved Conference, even if it meant sitting in hard chairs for ten hours. Conference is different as a missionary, when you're looking for answers to so many questions. Your own or your investigators. 

They sent me a package while they were down here, which I also loved. And they wrote all sorts of wonderful notes in the journal they sent me, which I ran around showing everyone in my room until they were ready to strangle me. 


Now I must leave. Love you all.



The Two Canadian Sisters in my Zone







No comments:

Post a Comment