Sunday 27 March 2016

MTC Week One

Hello, hello, everybody!

I am emailing from the laundry room under the main hall. SO MANY WASHERS.


I don't even know where to start. I entered the MTC on Wednesday and just... whoa. I think of the MTC like a roller coaster. Normally, we go through life and we have our ups and downs, but on a mission it's all compressed so you go from the highest high to the lowest low in all of two seconds. I'll be smiling and excited one minute and the next I just want to crawl under my desk and cry.

So, yeah, it's great.



My companion, Sister Kent, is wonderful. When I first saw her, I inwardly freaked out and wanted to run away because I didn't know ANYTHING about her and I was being all loud and insecure, and she was being all quiet and insecure-- and it was terrifying. But I got over my terror by the end of the day and now I think she's just the best thing. If you need any proof, I played with my watch too much and ended up snapping it in half, so she bought me another one. She's great. :) (For other reasons too.)

I guess the next things to talk about are my teachers. They are just lovely. One of my teachers, Sister Reeves, is mind-blowing. There was this moment when she was teaching, and the Spirit was just so thick in the room, and it suddenly hit me that she is a missionary to missionaries. She will teach something, then stop and say, "That is not what God wants me to be teaching right now," and then take the lesson an entirely different direction. That's what she did last night in our talk about STRESS MANAGEMENT and class ended late with half the district crying all over the place. She got us to open up so the Spirit could clean us out and we could get back to work with Christ in the center of our lives. It was wonderful.




We walked to the temple on Sunday, then went again for a session this morning. It was raining something frightful this morning. My nice, lacy, memory-foam-soled shoes quickly became very uncomfortable. I may have also broken my umbrella. It was wonderful, though. As one of the older temples, the Provo temple has a beautiful, unique look that made me feel more at home than the Bountiful temple I went to last week. 

Life as a missionary is HARD, but I love it. Also, Sister Kent and I just went through a headache trying to find her whites somewhere in this maze of washers and dryers, so I don't have the mental faculties left to finish this. I'll try to write something better next week.

Much love,

Sister Hudson




District photo--minus our sisters' trio, who missed the memo and didn't make it on the trip


Sister Kent is from Ogden. She's headed to Billings, MT. So we're both getting ready to freeze our little toesies.She loves Brandon Sanderson, and Dr Who.


2 Nephi 4:34  O Lord, I have trusted in thee, and I will trust in thee forever. I will not put my trust in the arm of flesh; for I know that cursed is he that putteth his trust in the arm of flesh. Yea, cursed is he that putteth his trust in man or maketh flesh his arm.  

3 comments:

  1. Great first missionary posting on your blog. We are praying for you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just read your posting Meg and am uncertain whether to be more impressed with your narrative or the beautiful photos you are taking. That one of Squaw Peak with the Temple spire in the foreground is my favorite besides the ones that have you in them! What is the name of the current sisters hall? I believe I was in the Rudger Clawson and Orson or Parley Pratt Buildings (bottom floors) during my 18 months living in the MTC but have been in all the halls there otherwise except the newest buildings. Love you so much. Winnipeg will never be the same!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Nutmeg is awesome. You'll do wonderful and you're getting me crazy excited for go check out the MTC for myself. Lots of love- and take courage Meg, your awesome heart will touch hundreds so don't stress. -Aurelie

    ReplyDelete